The TDI Extended Range course teaches you the proper techniques for utilizing compressed air as a breathing gas, with a maximum depth of 55 metres. The course provides the training and experience necessary including proper techniques, equipment requirements, and hazards of deep air diving, to competently utilize air for dives up to 55 metres that require staged decompression, using nitrox mixtures or oxygen during decompression. Skills learnt during the course include:
- The ability to hover at a fixed position in the water column
- Confirmation of gas switches at depth with buddy/team members
- Execution of the planned dive within all pre-determined limits
- Ascend with ascent reel and lift bag and perform staged decompression
For more information about the TDI Extended Range course click here
- The TDI Extended Range course costs €850 (plus all gases at cost) and includes four open water dives. The course can be completed in four days and is open to any diver holding the required prerequisites.